Friday, October 10, 2008

Feeling Safe and in Saigon

I have learned from others and my own experience that we drawn things to ourselves. That can be good or bad. Since I have been more present, more aware of the inner me, I can feel a strong sense of being protected and blessed upon, for lack of a better word.

An example of this was yesterday. I checked out of my hotel in Saigon and forget to get my passport. (Hotels always hold it for security.) I didn't realize this until I was on the bus for Da Lat. I told the driver to let me off. They would not turn back. I was told that the hotel would send it to the bus company and I could pick it up in Da Lat tomorrow. That is not a comfortable feeling.

As I sat back in my seat the other passengers looked at me, as if saying, "good luck." I certainly felt vulnerable and insecure. Within a minute I remembered to be present and look at this as an opportunity to be trust the Universe. So I did. I didn't like it, but I accepted the situation.

Less than five minutes later the tour guide for a group on the bus is on the phone with my hotel asking them to bring my passport to a toll booth that we have to stop at. No one even asked him to try that. Another five minutes and there we are on the side of the highway and I am handed my passport. Sometimes I just feel that if I let go of what I want I am really letting go of my problems.

In the same sense, I jog on the street or park and smile at anyone I make eye contact with. You know what I get in return? Yup, a big smile. Isn't life grand?

No comments: