Thursday, September 13, 2007

Holistic Perspectives & Integral Theory Published

A couple of years ago I decided to write a book on holistic perspectives and integral theory because:

1. I couldn't find a book that explained what holistic is. There were books on holistic medicine and nursing and business, but none that actually dealt exclusively with what a holistic perspective is.

2. Integral theory is a very important method for understanding our world and seeing what is, but often books about it are difficult to understand. I wanted to write about integral theory in a way that would make it easily grasped.

So, here it is--now available on Amazon.com. I suggest that before you spend any money, go to holistic-perspectives.com and read as much of it as you like. In fact, if you are short of funds, the whole book is available on line.

I totally enjoyed the process of researching and writing the book. I did my dissertation (which is also available on Amazon) on Ken Wilber's work and this is an extension of what I learned in the process.

While writing Perspectives I was also working on another book, Spanish Lessons, which should also be available in about a month. It's not really so much about Spanish as it is about what happens when you don't have to work, but can't stand hanging out doing nothing. As some of you know, the last three winters I have been traveling around the world taking Spanish lessons, but what I really have learned has more to do with the meaning of life and finding passion again. In the end I did find it and it's all in the book.

I'm off to Denmark tomorrow. Who knows what will happen there?



No comments: