Monday, August 6, 2007

Super Food Overdose

Okay, so I made my green fruit smoothie this morning after having more ice cream than I would have liked to this weekend (thanks mom for the mud pie). I put in everything that I had: kale, mango, melon, frozen banana and blueberries; cacao, maca, flax seeds, agave, spirulina. I'm going to feel really good today, right? Wrong!

Green fruit smoothies are the best first step on a raw food life style; but you gotta use common sense, unlike me. I probably won't be eating anything else today (which is a good thing), but I feel really terrible right now. It is as if my whole body has shut down and is working full-time trying to make sense of all this really good food it just got. Like, "hey, let's not waste this stuff, fellas! Put everything thing else aside and get to work absorbing all these 'superfood' molecules!"

So, I'm home today contemplating how I can do this a little more "smoothly." From now on, one kind of fruit, one kind of superfood (two at most), and more water, along with a little less kale. It'll just take a little longer to get raw.

On a happier note: I've finished putting up my website. Please check it out at holistic-perspectives.com. (Don't forget to put the dash between holistic and perspectives or it doesn't work.) There is also a link to the site on this page over on the left hand side with the other links. I have uploaded all the pages to my book, Holistic Perspectives, if you can't wait to read the whole thing. It's free. Or, you can wait, and in a month or so it will be printed and available on Amazon and I'll send you a copy free, if you ask for one.

I'm gonna go lay down now and digest some more flax seeds.

No comments: