Tuesday, October 9, 2007

It's About Healing, Not About Understanding

I've had a bit of a breakthrough last night and this morning. I had been asking for more understanding, more explanation, more reasons for this and that. Tell me, show me, I want to understand what is going on.

I'm being aware. This can't be bad.

Suddenly last night in bed, I think it was in the middle of the night and I had awakened, I realized that it is not about having the universe and my place in it explained and made understandable. It's about healing. My life isn't about getting more knowledge and information. My life is about healing. And right then and there I knew something shifted.

So this morning and today when I felt myself feel anxious about wanting to understand my life, immediately came the thought: "ask to be healed instead." Up until last night I thought the purpose of life was to learn, now I understand it as to be healed. That changes my perspective on things.

No comments: