Thursday, January 22, 2009

Facing Fears



I have decided to go back to Vietnam and face my fears. I believe that it was a mistake to come back here two weeks ago. I believe that being severely jet lagged and sleep deprived influenced my decision to think up all the reasons why I needed to come home.



That being said, it was a good thing that I did come home. The lessons that I learned are still very valid. And I will not forget them. I have learned much through this conversation about going or not going. In the end, I have to go, I don't have a choice, I must at the very least face my fears of going back to Saigon. But I'm going back prepared!

I'm packing a bottle of melatonin to help me get to sleep the first few nights. I've read tons of articles about overcoming jet lag and this makes the most sense. I will use my Ipod and soothing meditation music to drown out the noises of the city. I'll rest on the plane and hydrate myself. These are all things I didn't do before.

As Marlin Lindsay told me:

Just do it, or not! Either way you will be fine or not, it's your choice. If you decide not to, be prepared to let it go and allow the universe to call you. "Be still and know that I am" said the scriptures.

There you go. There I go. There we all go.





No comments: