Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Struggling, But Not Discouraged

In Argentina when they were fighting the British over the Faulkland Islands the newspapers announced everyday, "we are winning, we are winning." Everyday, "we are winning, we are winning!" Then, one day, "we lost."

Everyday I start out to be 100% raw. My morning green smoothie, "we are winning, we are winning." My afternoon salad and veggies, "we are winning, we are winning." My dinner, "we lost."

Today, perfect all day. I am determined to stay raw tonight. I go to the market and buy all the fresh fruit that appeals to me. I come home. Banana. Peach. Almonds. Pumpkin seeds. I'm full. I'm not taking chances, I make and eat an avocado cacao vanilla bean pudding. I can't eat any more.

"Please, just three little pieces of toast, wouldn't you love that right now?" the voice in my head insists. I am not hungry at all, so I make and eat the toast. Whoever said that man is a rational being needs to have his head examined.

Another day, another day not totally raw. This is a real struggle, but I'm not giving up. I am totally convinced that eating raw is one of the most important things we can do to live vibrant lives. The good thing about all of this is that I realize that will power isn't working and so I've resorted to meditation. I'm meditating more in hopes of finding out why I haven't been able to do this yet. And I suspect that the answer itself is to get me to be more mindful, meditative, more aware of my choices and actions.

Tomorrow I will start all over again with a wonderful, refreshing green smoothie. One of these days...we're winning, we're winning, we've won!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

EAT IT RAW - RAW RAW RAW

When I eat raw, I usually have some oysters on the half shell with whores radish and two Boscos with the same ingredients as an Ice Tea, Lon Giland, that is. I share the largess (no, not my dick) with a young blonde bimbette. And we both dine raw.

Old enough to pee,
Wait until you can see
That the temptress is in question
And probably about three.

In short, eating veggies raw is fine. Eating them in the raw, however, leads to pedophilia.

Is that whut you air? A prevert?
Damnyankee can't make a decent bowl of grits and they want to tell us how to avoid inbreeding?
Sheeeeeeit Faaaahr don't that beat all.

You keep it together, boy. Heah me? Ah'm gonna be keepin' my eye on you. Best not be sinnin' with the babies or we'll have to have a midnight necktie party. You damnyankees don't have much experience being on the receivin' end. Don't worry. We intellectual followers of Dumbya have enough experience in helping with neckties that you don't have to know a thang 'cept you gonna die messin' with them babies, unless they are one of your daughters or a teen cousin you just might marry. Remember: Don't git caught.

Red Neckerson
CB handle: Interstate Predator
Likes: Corpses, Body Parts
Turn Offs: Sweetly sickening corny muzak.
Turn Ons: Skid marks.